
On Saturday June 13, our children gave us a 40th anniversary party. It was a wonderful evening. Delicious food, decorations and a wonderful program. The grandkids sang "Little Purple Pansies", they probably all hate that song, but it is a childhood memory for me and I have sung it with them at times when we are working in the yard. The entire family sang "Families Can Be Together Forever", Anna danced, such a treat; and she also put together a DVD presentation of family photos over the last 40 years. I have worn it out in the last few days, it is so fun to watch. I sang and then Chip and I sang "The Circle of Our Love", which we haven't sang in 20 years. But the surprise of all surprises, my husband sang to me!!! The last time he sang to me was the night we got engaged at our candlelighting at my dorm. I think he was disappointed that I didn't cry, but I was so shocked. Our dear friend, Bill Russell, accompianed him on the guitar. Thank you, honey. Do I have to wait another 40 years for another seranade?
I have so much to be thankful for, especially my dear family. Such wonderful kids who wouldn't be so wonderful without my sweet husband who has tolerated me for so many years. I love you all soooooo much!!!
I have so much to be thankful for, especially my dear family. Such wonderful kids who wouldn't be so wonderful without my sweet husband who has tolerated me for so many years. I love you all soooooo much!!!





No comments:
Post a Comment