Monday, June 21, 2010

We have seen Courtney's swim meet, Josh's gymnastics, Tyler and Zach's baseball playoff games; next will be Calder and Cora's swim meet; then Calder's football and Cora's cheerleading in the fall. I think Emily and Lindsey are playing soccer this fall, so will be there too!! So grateful that they are all so healthy and able to run and jump and swim and that they love having two old people come to see them do their thing.

June 20, Father's Day, we celebrated Ethan's 1st birthday. Everyone was home to eat hotdogs, potato salad and birthday cake. Grandma took all the kids (that could walk) on a long hike through the golf course almost to the creek. It was getting a bit late so had to cut it short. I was told later that it wasn't a long enough hike, so I will have to work on that. The saddest part about being together is when the cousins have to go home. There are always tears at their parting, not wanting to go home yet. I can only interrpret it to mean that they love being at Grandma's house so very much.

1 comment:

Ashlee said...

You are such a great grandma! My kids love coming to you house, it's sad that life is so busy that we can't come more often! We enjoyed seeing you even if for a bit. The kids love and appreciate that you will drive all the way to our house to support us in whatever it is they are doing! I love you MOM and DAD!